Scholarship of the Month: Panda Cares/UNCF Scholars Program
Graduating high school seniors in qualifying states can be awarded up to $2,500 per academic year.
The Panda Cares/UNCF Scholars Program will help students get to and through college and support student achievement and development, with a renewable scholarship to 400 students. Selected students will be awarded up to $2,500 per academic year to be used to cover the unmet costs of tuition, fees, room and board. Students who successfully complete the program are eligible to receive up to $10,000 in total scholarship support from the Panda Cares/ UNCF Scholars Program.
Established in 1999, Panda Cares is the philanthropic arm of Panda Restaurant Group. They are committed to serving the communities in which they operate by serving the health and education needs of underserved children. Panda Cares is powered by a team of 35,000 associates in over 2,000 stores and 48 states.
- Scholars must apply through a two-phase process. Phase I students must:
- Be a graduating high school senior, enrolled full-time at an accredited U.S located four-year college or university in Fall 2018
- Be a citizen, national or legal permanent resident of the United States
- Be a resident of eligible states or territory: Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin
- Have a minimum cumulative 2.8 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Submit a completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) report, be Pell Grant eligible and must demonstrate unmet need
- Participate in the online learning modules, to receive renewable scholarship.
Application close date
July 20, 2018, 11:59 p.m. EST