Scholarship of the Month: United Health Foundation Diverse Scholars Initiative
The scholarship is open to students at UNCF-member institutions who are pursuing a career in the primary care industry.
The United Health Foundation, in partnership with UNCF, has established a multi-year renewable scholarship program open to students attending one of the 37 UNCF-member colleges or universities, planning to pursue a degree that will lead to a career in the primary care industry. Scholarship recipients will have the opportunity to participate in professional development opportunities such as the UNCF Student Leadership Conference and the annual United Health Foundation Diverse Scholars Initiative Forum, both held in Washington, DC in early summer. Roundtrip travel and accommodations are included.
To qualify, students must meet these criteria:
- Must be enrolled full-time at a UNCF-member college or university
- Must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national or permanent resident
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Must be a college freshman, sophomore or junior
- Must major in one of the following academic areas: behavioral health, biochemistry, biological sciences, biology, biomedical research, biotechnical health, medicine, nursing, pharmacy, public health or radiology.
Students must submit an application online with a one-page essay describing their career aspirations, leadership experiences, and most significant achievements. Candidates must also invite one reference to submit a recommendation online.
Application Close Date
12 AM EST, April 30, 2018
For more information, contact Melissa Jordan.