2018 Walk for Education - Columbus
Did you miss our great event? You can still donate!
Click here to help UNCF Columbus help area students
The 35th annual UNCF Walk/Run for Education will be held at Wolfe Park on Columbus’s historic near east side.
The event engages the Columbus community in raising money for UNCF to support not only its 37 historically black colleges and universities members, but the more than 1,200 Columbus-area students attending college with the help of a UNCF scholarship. UNCF is a beacon of hope to those young people who need assistance financing their higher education goals and currently has scholars earning their degrees at not only HBCUs but other schools, including Ohio State University, Miami University, Kentucky State University and Xavier University.
Medals will be given to the top 3 runners or walkers.
Presented by UNCF Columbus.
Meanwhile, #LaceUp4UNCF, get your team together and start training!
Did you know?
- The Columbus UNCF Walk hosts on average more than 850 walkers each year.
- More than 23 local colleges host UNCF-scholar students in Ohio and Kentucky including Ohio State University, Kentucky State University, Miami University and Xavier University to name a few.
Individual Awards: Prizes are based on the amount of money walkers raise and turn in by the deadline of October 29, 2018.
- $50- $200: Big Bite Lunch Kit
- $201 - $400: Camping Chair
- $401- $600: Portfolio with Tablet Case
- $601 - $1,000: Tailgate Rolling Bag Cooler
- $1,001- $2,500: 20” 4-Wheeled Expandable Luggage
- $2,501 - $3,500: Bulova Astor Bluetooth Enabled Clock
- $3,501 and up: Fitbit Blaze Fitness Watch