UNCF Maya Angelou Women Who Lead Luncheon
highly-acclaimed HATitude Competition!
Ladies, it’s Gigi! Calling all fashionistas! The HATitude competition is the absolute MUST SEE and BE SEEN portion of the UNCF Maya Angelou Women Who Lead Luncheon!
Pre-determined finalists will strut their stuff in front of our virtual audience who will vote for their favorite hat or fascinator in three different categories.
We expect to receive hundreds of submissions, so we encourage you to submit your photos early.
Winners will be announced LIVE on September 26.
Rules, Guidelines & Requirements
- All contestants must be registered guests of the 18th annual UNCF Maya Angelou Women Who Lead Luncheon to be eligible to compete. If you have not registered, please visit 2020 UNCF Maya Angelou Women Who Lead Luncheon – Charlotte, and check your email for a luncheon confirmation code.
- Contestants must upload a (head-to-toe) image which includes their hat, attire and shoes no later than Thursday, September 17 at midnight EST. Note: There may be limitations on the image file size.
- Only full (head–to- toe) ensemble submissions will be accepted.
- All contact information (as well as the luncheon confirmation code you received by email) must be provided on the HATitude registration form below. It will be used by the HATitude committee to contact and host pre-show calls with finalists.
- Finalists will be notified in advance of the event. Get your web cam or computer camera ready to strut your stuff (head-to-toe) LIVE virtually during the HATitude competition on Saturday, September 26.
- HATitude competition awards will be mailed to the respective physical address (no P.O. Boxes please).
Contestants should be mindful of the hat’s fit, structure, attitude, and the total package. You will be judged in the following categories:
- Whimsical – Playfully quaint or fanciful, especially in an appealing and amusing way.
- Most Original – Non-traditional, authentic, innovative, one-of-a-kind.
- Fascinator – An alternative to the hat; usually large hair decoration on band or clip with elaborate trimmings.
Registration for the UNCF Maya Angelou Women Who Lead HATitude Competition is now closed.
Click here to register for 2020 Virtual Maya Angelou Women Who Lead Luncheon.
2020 Maya Angelou Women Who Lead Luncheon
By entering the HATitude! Competition, you consent to possible interview(s), photography, audio recording, video recording and its/their release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for news, webcasts, promotional purposes, telecasts, advertising, inclusion on websites, social media, or any other purpose by UNCF and its representatives. Images, photos, and/or videos may be used to promote similar UNCF events in the future, highlight the event, and exhibit the capabilities of UNCF. You release UNCF, its officers, and employees, and each and all persons involved from any liability connected with the taking, recording, digitizing, or publication and use of interviews, photographs, computer images, video, and/or sound recordings. By entering the HATitude! Competition, you waive all rights you may have to any claims for payment or royalties in connection with any use, exhibition, streaming, webcasting, televising, or other publication of these materials, regardless of the purpose or sponsoring of such use, exhibiting, broadcasting, webcasting, or other publication irrespective of whether a fee for admission or sponsorship is charged. You also waive any right to inspect or approve any photo, video, or audio recording taken by UNCF or the person or entity designated to do so by UNCF. The presenting sponsor will not use or access any information related to the HATitude! Competition.
United Negro College Fund, Inc., is a recognized 501(c)3 nonprofit; federal EIN, 13-1624241.