Job Opening: Program Coordinator – Koch Scholars Program – Washington, DC
Job Title: Program Coordinator – Koch Scholars Program
Location: Washington, D.C.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for supporting the management of the day-to-day operations of the UNCF/Koch Scholars Program (UKSP), including scholarship administration, scholar engagement, and Annual Summit planning and execution.
The UKSP is a national initiative designed to advance the study and application of principled entrepreneurship, innovation, and the economic way of thinking. Founded in 2014, the initiative is generously funded by more than $35 million in grants from the Charles Koch Foundation and Koch Industries. The program currently has served close to 600 African American undergraduate scholars, representing more than 90 colleges and universities.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide dedicated administrative and clerical support to the Program Director and Senior Relationship Manager of Program Management in all aspects of program operations and scholarship implementation activities.
- Work with Senior Relationship Manager to manage and coordinate program related logistics and activities including but not limited to development of program collateral, application outreach and recruitment, application development, database entry, award packet and mailing, processing and reporting; scholar selection and scholar support services.
- Support the planning and execution of the Annual Summit; lead air and ground transportation, hotel logistics, technology integration, activity development, and on-site volunteer management
- Provide input in daily meetings and program development efforts.
- Respond to scholar inquiries and resolve program related questions by phone, letter, or email.
- Assist in the development of print and web-based materials including newsletters, program related correspondence and online community engagement.
- Schedule meetings and other engagements as well as coordinate necessary materials with direction from program leaders.
- Assist in the implementation of the scholarship renewal process including: financial and academic record verification, assessment of scholar good standing with the program, and scholarship awarding
- Assist in the coordination of the application review process for prospective UKSP scholars
- Generate program reports using data from SalesForce
- Assist in supporting the management of mentor engagement in the online learning community
- Assist in developing and executing scholar and mentor outreach and recruitment efforts
- Manage special projects on an as needed basis
- Demonstrate the following core values: integrity, respect, accountability, collaboration, integrity, and impact
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Director
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience or appropriate combination of education and work experience.
- Requires at least 2-3 years administrative experience.
Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to read, analyze and interpret general periodicals and procedures. Ability to develop and write reports, business correspondence. Ability to respond to questions from managers, clients, customers and the general public. Ability to develop Power Point presentations or procedurals guidelines a plus.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SKILLS
Technically savvy. Proficiency in using software applications such as Microsoft Excel for data analysis and budgeting a plus.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but written or oral instructions. Ability to apply critical thinking skills to troubleshoot and resolve problems required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Outstanding interpersonal skills; strong organization skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and use of social media platforms; willingness to embrace ambiguity and work within established guidelines to resolve unique challenges. Ability to be effective at multi-tasking while taking initiative to work with minimal supervision a plus.