Job Opening: Program Coordinator – Panda Cares Scholars Program – Washington, DC
NOTE: UNCF is conducting virtual group interviews for the position. See “How to Apply” below for details.
Job Title: Program Coordinator – Panda Cares Scholars Program
Location: Washington, D.C.
The Panda Cares Scholars Program coordinator will assist the Director in the implementation of a successful student experience with the Panda Cares Scholar Program and Student Professional Development Program.
Responsibilities and Duties
Under the direct supervision of the Program Director, the Program Coordinator will:
- Provide dedicated administrative and clerical support to the Program Director in all aspects of program management and implementation for various multidisciplinary internship and scholarship programs.
- Manage the program-related logistics and activities including but not limited to applicant outreach and recruitment; application development, processing and reporting; scholar selection; and scholar support services.
- Lead the coordination of travel and meeting logistics with support from the Program Director and meetings team.
- Respond to scholar inquiries and resolve program-related questions by phone, letter, or email.
- Develop print and web-based materials including newsletters, program related correspondences, and online community engagement.
- Support the development and maintenance of program information, management, outcomes and contacts databases.
- Schedule meetings and other engagements as well as coordinate necessary materials with direction from program leaders.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Requires at least 3-4 years administrative or educational experience.
- High school diploma; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to read, analyze, and interpret general periodicals and procedures.
- Ability to develop and write reports, business correspondence.
- Ability to respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to develop Power Point presentations or procedural guidelines a plus.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, and percentages.
- Skills in using software applications such as Microsoft Excel for data analysis and budgeting a plus.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but written or oral instructions.
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills to troubleshoot and resolve problems required.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; strong organizational skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and use of social media platforms; willingness to embrace ambiguity and work within established guidelines to resolve unique challenges.
- Ability to be effective at multi-tasking while taking initiative to work with minimal supervision a plus.
UNCF is hosting a virtual recruitment event that consists of group interviews on July 20, 2020 from 10:00 a.m. – noon ET. During the recruitment event, you can expect to:
- Get acquainted with team members, other interested candidates, and the work of the team
- Gain a deeper understanding of the role you are interested in
- Engage in discussions about your proposed approach to the work
- Experience UNCF’s work environment first-hand
As an expression of your interest in participating in the virtual group interviews and exploring the possibility of joining the UNCF team, please submit an application by July 10. Space will be limited.