Job Opening: Sr. Financial Manager – Atlanta
Job Title: Sr. Financial Manager
Department: Institute for Capacity Building
Location: Atlanta, GA.
The Senior Finance Manager is a critical member of the Institute for Capacity Building (ICB) team. He/She will hold the primary responsibility of:
- executing the financial objectives that drive strategy within ICB as a whole,
- supporting ICBs partnering institutions in the area of higher education finance,
- providing direct support to SFI in its entirety which includes financial management for new programs and financial developments.
In addition to providing financial support to the above areas, the Senior Finance Manager will participate in undertaking activities to inform ICB’s ongoing organizational and strategic development activities.
The successful candidate will be part of a highly respected and high-performing team seeking to partner with HBCUs and PBIs to ensure their sustainability by increasing the institution’s effectiveness, competitiveness and viability. The position requires a highly motivated and collaborative individual who can communicate effectively and possesses strong finance, higher education, program, and professional development abilities.
Successful candidates will join the Institute for Capacity Building team, which is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. In addition to specific roles and responsibilities, ICB team members have proven to be successful when they:
- Are driven to serve people and institutions that are often undervalued and overlooked;
- Embrace collaboration as a critical value to ensure effective teamwork and adoption of
- Seek out opportunities to innovate and improve upon conventional practices and
- Take personal responsibility for executing key projects and developing
- Operate with a sense of mission and purpose.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Senior Finance Manager reports to the Director, Strategic Finance Initiatives. The Senior Finance Manager has the following key responsibilities:
- Compile and organize large financial data sets across multiple institutions
- Must be able to par data and translate into presentation format
- Assist in the development and refinement of financial and business models, and new program proformas
- Maintain all financial and operational business models
- Develop and maintain financial and operational reporting internal to SFI, ICB and external to member institutions
- Remain abreast of and maintain an arsenal of benchmark and best practice data for higher education
- Develop and refresh multiple financial ratios, metrics and KPIs,
- Must be adept at identifying, developing, and communicating trends to inform outcomes
- Utilize financial analysis and other findings to make process and/or program improvements for SFI, ICB and/or member institutions
- Coach and/or manage the work of other analysts as necessary
- A strong desire to grow professionally, horizontally, and/or vertically
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or finance is required; MBA strongly preferred.
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience in business and finance is required
- Excellent quantitative and financial analysis skills including the ability to orchestrate and execute complex analyses (e.g., multi-variate and regression analysis)
- Ability to apply financial analysis to address questions of strategy (e.g., tuition strategy)
- Ability to communicate complex financial analysis effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to break down complex problems, distinguish essential and secondary issues, and deliver creative insights.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, across lines of difference
- Adept at reviewing and understanding all financial statements, preferably those prepared for non-profit institutions
- Advanced to expert level Excel and PowerPoint required
- Strong cognitive and emotional management (CEM) skills
- Ability and high level of comfort operating at the most detailed level
- Thrives with execution of deadlines
- Strong multi-tasker, and operates with high degree of flexibility to adapt to changing needs and direction
- Commitment to education
Additionally, the individual must be a self-starter, who is able to problem-solve and take on a wide range of tasks to deliver results; collegial and professional manner; excellent communication and interpersonal skills.