Job Opening: Budget Analyst – Washington, DC
Reporting directly to the Director of Grants Management, the Budget Analyst assumes responsibility for pre-and post-award budget & other data maintenance. Ensures the information the Senior Grant Accountants need to track and report on – such as grant report due dates, cost transfers, allocations, process risk points, etc., are identified & logged consistently.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with pre- and post-award administration support for grants, financial reporting, financial record maintenance, and review of financial reports (formal & ad hoc)
- Enter the budget for each grant in Grant Management Module of the budget software.
- Upload actual transactions in Grants Management Module monthly
- Maintain & track grant performance through a budget to actual analysis & projection.
- Assist with grant financial reports for submission to donors per required reporting schedules and reporting requirements & internal users
- Assist in the maintenance of all grant related documentation, including grant agreements, other materials pertaining to grant awards, and data points (report due date, pledge due date, and other data points)
- Keep Senior Grant Accountants in the loop and improve the ability to provide accurate data
- Other tasks as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 3+ years’ experience of working on a Budget Analyst position
- Good practical experience with financial, accounting and statistical software
- Good knowledge of MS Excel including advanced tools and formulas, complex tables and charts
- Deep experience of using forecasting and data analytics methods
- Excellent analytical and numeracy skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Familiarity with best practices and regulations in accounting and financial areas
- Ability to present budget and fiscal data in clear and comprehensive manner
- Working knowledge of Blackbaud preferred