Job Opening: Development Associate – Charlotte
Job Title: Development Associate
Location: Charlotte, NC
The Development Associate coordinates development functions relating to activities, promotions, special events, record keeping and support active volunteers. The Development Associate assists fundraisers with the of proposals and reports, researching prospects, managing database in support of fundraising initiatives and solicits and stewards donors.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist in developing and implementing fundraising campaigns.
- Research and develop donor and prospect profiles.
- Utilize the donor management system to track trends and giving histories of donors.
- Prepare and maintain call reports and develop logs of major donors, prospects, and proposals.
- Make regular, personal follow up calls to current and prospective donors, ensuring receipts and thank you letters are sent promptly and according to policy.
- Prepare, edit and review routine correspondence and proposals for donors.
- Plan and attend special events for fundraising purposes.
- Provide assistance and support to the Area Development Director and Development Director on ad hoc projects.
- Assist with recruitment, orientation and evaluation of new Board members, volunteers and committees members as necessary.
- Maintain donor and fund development records.
- Manage development databases and update mailing lists.
Requirements and Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university or an equivalent combination of at least three years related experience, education and training.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to create and maintain good working relationships with a variety of internal and external constituents.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Familiarization with fundraising databases preferred.