Job Opening: Human Resources Coordinator – Washington, DC
Job Title: Human Resources Coordinator (Temporary to Permanent Full-Time Position)
Location: Washington, DC
This position will start as an in-house temporary assignment and could lead to a permanent position for the right candidate.
Primary duties include providing administrative support to the Senior Vice President (SVP) of Human Resources and secondarily assisting recruiters in administering and coordinating activities relating to all phases of the talent acquisition process by performing certain duties.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Supports the SVP-Human Resources & Administration.
- Reads and routes incoming mail, prepares outgoing mail and correspondence including e-mail and faxes, and composes and types routine correspondence.
- Answers and screens SVP’s telephone calls and arranges conference calls, coordinates schedule, and manages appointments.
- Records employee information such as data, compensation, benefits attendance and performance reviews.
- Updates employee files to document personnel actions and provides information for payroll and other uses.
- Compiles data from personnel records and prepares reports.
- Compiles and maintains records for use of the employee benefits administration.
- Examines employee files to answer inquires and provides information to authorized personnel.
- Makes copies of correspondence or other materials.
- Orders and maintains supplies and arranges equipment maintenance.
- Enters job opening information to be posted on career web page.
- Assists in arranging interview appointments between interviewers and applicants.
- Conducts background investigations and verifies education for potential employees.
- Plans new employee orientation.
- Compiles new hire and exit packages.
- Develops and maintains personnel files.
- Prepares and processes invoices.
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications
- At least three years of experience as an Administrative Assistant/Human Resource Assistant.
- High School diploma.
- Excellent organizational skills; display initiative and own ability to work well independently; detail oriented, good analytical and proofreading skills.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
The applicant should expect to fill this position permanently for at least five years; this is not the role for someone looking to quickly move into another position in Human Resources; we are truly searching for an applicant who can be fulfilled carrying out the responsibilities and duties of the coordinator.