Job Opening: Program Coordinator – Student Professional Development Programs – Washington, DC
The Program Coordinator will assist the Director in the implementation of a successful student experience within programs such as the UNCF Chevron Scholar Program and other Student Professional Development Programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Program Director, the Program Coordinator will:
- Provide dedicated administrative and clerical support to the Program Director in all aspects of program management and implementation for various multidisciplinary internship and scholarship programs.
- Manage the program related logistics and activities including but not limited to applicant outreach and recruitment; application development, processing, and reporting; scholar selection/awarding; and scholar support services.
- Lead the coordination of meeting and workshop planning logistics with input from the Program Director.
- Respond to scholar inquiries and resolve program related questions by phone or email.
- Develop print and web-based materials including newsletters, program related correspondences, and online community engagement.
- Support the development and maintenance of program information filing, management, outcomes and contacts databases keeping all information clear and organized for reference and research needs.
- Schedule meetings and other engagements as well as coordinate necessary materials with direction from program leaders.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
Language Skills – Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to read, analyze, and interpret general periodicals and procedures. Ability to develop and write reports, business correspondence. Ability to respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to develop Power Point presentations or procedural guidelines a plus.
Mathematical Skills – Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, and percentages. Skills in using software applications such as Microsoft Excel for data analysis and budgeting a PLUS.
Reasoning Skills – Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but written or oral instructions. Ability to apply critical thinking skills to troubleshoot and resolve problems required.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Outstanding interpersonal skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and use of social media platforms;
- willingness to embrace ambiguity and work within established guidelines to resolve unique challenges.
- Ability to be effective at multi-tasking while taking initiative to work with minimal supervision a plus.
- Familiarity with or ability to learn customer relations management systems such as Salesforce and/or online course management systems such as Schoology also a plus.
Education and Experience
- Requires at least 3-4 years administrative or educational experience.
- High School Diploma, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Physical Demands – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and distance vision. The employees are required to spend a large amount of time using a computer for work and communication.
Work Environment – The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work environment is highly collaborative. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.