Job Opening: Relationship Manager – Washington, DC
Job Title: Relationship Manager
Location: Washington, DC
The Relationship Manager (RM) position is both internal and external facing, as it will requires the RM to assist in developing processes and systems to support the successful implementation of the outreach initiatives. The RM will also assist in maintaining effective communication and relationships with UNCF Ambassadors, donor stakeholders, and UNCF staff. The person will report to the program’s Director.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Recruit qualified students to apply to the programs for which we do outreach
- Conduct scholar engagement including working with UNCF Ambassadors
- Keep the Gates Millennium Scholars Program website updated
- Capture student and alumni testimonials
- Conduct presentations
- Create e-marketing tools
- Assist the Director in monitoring the financial activity of the programs
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university.
- Suggest at least 2-5 years of experience in program administration and management.
- Experience working in post-secondary education with undergraduate and/or graduate academic programs; scholarship/internship programs management; and/or other non-profit setting supporting student development and strategic partnerships is strongly preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and oral communication skills with ability to be a polished communicator;
- Ability to develop and write reports, business correspondence, power point presentations and procedural guidelines.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of students, educators, and the general public.
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills to solve practical problems dealing with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Position requires a relationship manager with a high degree of interpersonal relational skill building in a fast-paced environment. Must enjoy providing support and coaching to college students in improving their professional development.
- Must be a team player who can collaborate and work effectively with diverse groups of people at various levels of the organization.
- Ability to handle a variety of stakeholders, manage multiple tasks simultaneously and thrive in a complex environment with multiple priorities while exercising an exceptional attention to details.
- Assist staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; takes responsibility for work activities; improves processes, products and services; and solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external).
- Must be a self-started who takes initiative to move work forward. Strong organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and use of social media platforms; ability to effectively use technology to track and manage program implementation and outcomes; willingness to embrace ambiguity and work within established guidelines to resolve unique challenges.
- Volunteer management skills; strong planning skills and the ability to multi-task; outstanding human relations and managerial skills; the ability to work with minimal supervision.