Job Opening: Area Development Director – Boston, MA
The Area Development Director (ADD) will be responsible for establishing short and long range fundraising goals and conducting comprehensive, cost-effective annual fund-raising campaigns within his/her area of operation to support the 37 UNCF member institutions. The ADD serves as an ambassador for UNCF and is responsible for engaging donors and leveraging key relationships to ensure revenue goals are met.
- Develop new sources of unrestricted income from events, individuals and local community partners, foundations and corporations.
- Plan and implement campaign strategies
- Develop and submit solicitation proposals and design and implement special fund-raising events.
- Write fundraising correspondence, acknowledgment letters and appeals.
- Cultivate and steward relationships with current and potential high net-worth donors.
- Identify and recruit campaign leaders and advisory board members.
- Establish and maintain contact with local corporations, government, community, church and civic leaders to ensure top volunteer leadership.
- Establish and maintain liaison with volunteers and secure loaned executives.
- Develop and prepare campaign materials, communication and promotional programs supporting local fund-raising efforts.
- Supervise and coordinate staff activities related to records management in Raiser’s Edge database.
- Generate queries, reports, exports and other collection data as needed.
- Manage area office to ensure compliance with UNCF policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Conduct performance appraisals and recommend employment, termination, promotion, and training and development of subordinates.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university
- 5-7 years of experience in fund-raising
- Ability to conduct major fund raising activities, including capital campaigns and annual giving drives
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Speak effectively before groups
- Understand donor philanthropic goals and develop case support that address those goals
- Experience in managing staff office operations and staff
- Volunteer and event management experience
- Excellent organizational and written/verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)