Job Opening: Development Associate – Atlanta
The Development Associate serves as the administrative assistance to the Regional Development Director. The Development Associate coordinates development functions relating to fundraising activities, promotions, special events, record keeping and support for active volunteers. The Development Associate assists with the development of proposals and grant reports, researching prospects, managing database records in support of fundraising initiatives and solicits and stewards donors. The Development Associate position consists of 50% fundraising duties and 50% administrative support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in developing and implementing fundraising campaigns.
- Research and develop donor and prospect profiles.
- Preparing agenda, minutes for event meetings to include the committee, vendors, donors.
- Work with all departments to ensure contacts, agreements and other documents are complete and file appropriately.
- Utilize the donor management system to track trends and giving histories of donors.
- Prepare and maintain call reports and develop logs of major donors, prospects, and proposals.
- Make regular, personal follow up calls to current and prospective donors, ensuring receipts and thank you letters are sent promptly and according to policy.
- Prepare, edit and review routine correspondence and proposals for donors.
- Plan and attend special events for fundraising purposes.
- Assist with logistics for events.
- Provide administrative assistance and support to the Area Development Director and Development Director. Administrative Duties to include, but not limited to: organize files, drafting correspondences, handle office mail and oversee supplies, schedule meeting and travel accommodations, maintains office calendar, attend meetings when necessary and other duties when assigned
- Assist with recruitment, orientation and evaluation of new Board members, volunteers and committees members as necessary.
- Maintain donor and fund development records in
- Manage development databases and update mailing lists (Raiser’s Edge).
Qualifications, Education and Competency
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Project Management – Develop and Coordinate project plans; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- A Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year College or university or an equivalent combination of at least 3-5 years related experience, education and training.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills. Ability to create and maintain good working relationships with a variety of internal and external constituents. Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Language Skills – Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills – Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Familiarization with fundraising databases preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk; sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Salary Range: $50,500.00 – $57,000.00