Job Opening: Director of Grants Management – Washington, DC
United Negro College Fund, Inc., (UNCF) seeks an experienced Director of Grants Management to collaborate across teams in all aspects of grant budget planning, management, compliance, and reporting. Successful candidates require a minimum of seven years of nonprofit experience, with a minimum of five years of experience with grant compliance and reporting. The applicant will also have strong financial grant budgeting and forecasting experience, familiarity with donor contractual requirements, and the ability to work and communicate effectively with Development Team, Program Managers and UNCF Senior Leadership.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Collaborate with Program and Development teams throughout the lifecycle of grant processes beginning with the development of grant proposal and budgets
- Work with the Development team to manage donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategy for grants. Maintain current pipeline to reflect all grant activity
- Thoroughly review grant agreements and donor requirements and work with Program & Development teams to monitor compliance.
- Identify and develop strategies to optimize the grants administration process
- Oversee if other grant staff (senior grants accountants & budget analyst) is complying with their job responsibilities
- With oversight from the grant/ project owners, manage cost allocations/ transfers, and budget realignments.
- Provide training to the new staff on grants management and reporting requirements
- Assist with forecasting for the grant fiscal year, contribute to programmatic budget planning, and contribute to organizational financial forecasting.
- Drive continuous improvement efforts in grants administration through best practices, understand the intricacies of UNCF grant portfolios & work collaboratively with the Program managers to achieve UNCF’s strategic goals – provide training on budget management, policies, etc.,
- Oversee the reconciliation of grant rollover funds for multi-year grants.
- Stay abreast of evolving donor compliance requirements and assist the organization in familiarizing staff with the requirements of new donors.
- Other tasks as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting – CPA preferred
- A minimum of Seven years of nonprofit grant administration experience
- A minimum of three years of experience in grant or project accounting and reporting
- Proficient in understanding donor contracts, contractual compliance, and reporting requirements
- Budget monitoring and grant-reporting experience
- Ability to effectively communicate grant financial information to non-financial managers.
- Experience with Blackbaud – Raisers Edge & Financial Edge preferred