Job Opening: Director, Student Services – Washington, DC
Manages the day-to-day activities of the Fidelity Scholars Program Student Services and Alumni Relations (SSAR) programs and provides continuous leadership, coaching and mentoring to staff, identifying opportunities for skill development and creating a pathway for consistent dialogue and connectivity among the team and beyond. The Director provides direction and support for the design and implementation of all student services programs, initiatives and events, as well as substantive input to and creation of internal and external reports.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement, coordinate and evaluate program activities that support the department’s strategic plan as well as the goals of organization, including the design of the Leadership programs.
- Design and implement the program workshops and College Success Coaches programming ensuring the program content remains current and relevant.
- Establish a comprehensive mentoring program including a tracking system of Scholars, evaluation metrics for the program.
- Supervise a web-based communication network/portal for Scholars and other program participants.
- Oversee the College Success Coaching aspect of the program and provide direct leadership and direction to achieve academic success.
- Design, implement, manage and cultivate program activities with FSP Partners and program staff.
- Supervise the logistical planning of workshops, programs, meetings, events and roundtable discussions within budget.
- Monitor the program budget.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- The position manages professional/administrative staff, and consultants.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; Master’s degree preferred; with a minimum of seven years of experience in higher education management.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in alumni relations required with demonstrated accomplishment in fostering productive relationships with partners and staff.
- Must possess and demonstrate sound management practices with an ability to motivate staff and create team cohesiveness.
- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason.
- Develops project plans; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce, Online-communities, Learning management and mentoring.
- Possess ability to build strong working relationships and deal effectively with multiple constituencies in a collegial environment with high aspirations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills combined with the ability to work collaboratively and courteously with colleagues throughout the organization, alumni and partners.
- Demonstrated ability to strategize, implement and build constituency programs and activities, along with a talent for motivating staff.
- Demonstrate strong writing, planning and organizational skills.
- Flexibility and initiative, as well as the ability to work independently, combined with the skills for thriving in a team environment to achieve organizational goals.
- Possess professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information.
- Ability to travel and work evenings and weekends as needed.
Salary Range: $92,000.00 To 100,000.00 Annually