Job Opening: HRIS Analyst – Washington, DC
The Human Resources Information Systems Analyst will maintain the integrity and reliability of the organization’s HRIS, ensuring applications meet the needs, requirements, and objectives of the HR department. This position will be responsible for data integrity, processing and analyzing reports on a recurring basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with HR Team Members to determine departmental short- and long-term data and system objectives.
- Conducts regular HRIS audits to ensure the accuracy of data.
- Assesses current system and utilization; identifies and recommends improvements such as training, customization, reporting and enhancements to maximize value and efficiency of the HRIS.
- Prepares monthly reports and presents findings and recommendations to the HR Team.
- Identifies, recommends, and programs custom functions and documentation such as automated queries and reports.
- Ensures system compliance with data security and privacy requirements.
- Maintains knowledge of trends and developments in HRIS providers, vendors, and technology.
- Conduct research and system documentation materials; respond to data requests and provide data analysis and reports as needed.
- Research data entry issues and respond appropriately to resolve.
- Ensure integrity and security of employee data.
- Develops a plan to modify or replace HRIS applications, modules, and systems to meet those objectives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
- At least three years of experience with HR business systems highly preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with human resources policies and procedures to ensure the HRIS meets organizational needs and goals.
- Ability to keep information confidential.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Thorough understanding of functional analysis and system design.
- Thorough understanding of all areas of information systems with a highly technical understanding of at least one commercial HRIS product.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Compensation and Benefits
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Vacation, Sick & Personal Leave
- Life Insurance (Basic & Optional)
- Flex Spending Accounts
- 403(b) Retirement Account
- Holiday Savings Plan
Salary Range: $71,500.00 To $80,500.00 (Salary is commensurate with experience.)
The United Negro College Fund (UNCF), the nation’s largest and most effective minority education organization, has been an engine of minority educational achievement for more than 70 years. UNCF’s mission is to build a robust and nationally recognized pipeline of black students who, because of UNCF support, become highly qualified college graduates. In addition, UNCF ensures that its member institutions remain respected models of best practices in moving students to and through college. Since its inception in 1944, UNCF has raised over $4.5 billion in private support, distributed more scholarships to help minorities attend school than any entity outside of the federal government, and enabled more than 425,000 minority and low-income students to graduate from UNCF’s member historically black colleges and universities (HBCUs) and launch professional careers. UNCF is committed to closing the educational attainment gap between African Americans and other populations by increasing postsecondary access and success for students from underrepresented groups, particularly low-income and first-generation students.