Job Opening: Recruiter – Washington, DC
The Recruiter is primarily responsible for implementing UNCF’s recruiting strategy, selection process and fulfilling the staffing needs of the organization. Provides the full life-cycle recruiting process to identify and develop a pipeline of candidates for hiring managers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit, source, screen and select candidates to fill vacant positions using internal and external online job boards. Apply knowledge of recruiting practices and methods to attract diverse talent for multiple requisitions.
- Develop and execute robust recruiting strategies and communicate regularly with clients on status, process, and feedback of all candidates.
- Conduct background processing to include submitting background check to third party administrator, conduct professional reference checks and education verification.
- Plan and conduct new hire orientation to familiarize individuals with the organization, its mission, policies and procedures.
- Administer and communicate various organization policies and procedures as well as federal and state government laws, standards and regulations.
- Provide information on company benefits to include leave, health insurance and retirement plan options.
- Provide training for management in interviewing, hiring and government compliance as appropriate.
- Assist with maintenance of the human resources information system, including generating routine and ad hoc reports as requested.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field
- Five to seven years of relevant experience (full life-cycle recruitment) or combined years of experience.
- Experience using applicant tracking systems & HRIS platforms.
- A thorough understanding of federal and state government employment laws and regulations to include Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA), Federal Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and other related laws in order to maintain compliance.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Process Oriented – Ability to use established processes and methods to complete various tasks; adept at keeping things running smoothly; detail-oriented; use time effectively.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others. To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge and experience with HRIS. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Teams.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Diversity – Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment.