Job Opening: Senior Grants Accountant – Washington, DC
Reporting directly to the Director of Grants Management, the Senior Grants Accountant assumes responsibility for post award grant accounting thus ensuring compliance with funding source administrative guidelines, timely receipt of revenue, accurate & timely submission of financial reports, and orderly closure of projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide post-award administration support for grants, financial reporting, financial record maintenance, and review of financial reports (formal & ad hoc)
- Monitor/track the status of each grant through its program life cycle; and maintain the financial reporting/or grant milestone calendar
- Thoroughly review grant agreements and donor requirements and work with Program teams to monitor compliance.
- Apply indirect costs & other cost allocations monthly (where applicable.)
- Track grant performance through a budget to actual analysis & projection.
- With oversight from the grant/ project owners, manage cost allocations/ transfers, and budget realignments.
- Manage financial reports for submission to donors per required reporting schedules and reporting requirements.
- Manage the maintenance of all grant related documentation, including grant agreements and other materials pertaining to grant awards.
- Ensure that grant funds are expended in compliance with the funder requirements; and expenditures did not exceed available funds
- Keep stakeholders in the loop and improve the ability to provide accurate data
- Other tasks as may be required by the Director of Grants Management and Controller.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- A minimum of five years of experience in grant or project accounting and reporting
- Proficient in understanding donor contracts, contractual compliance, and reporting requirements
- Budget monitoring and grant-reporting experience
- Experience with Blackbaud & Budget Management Module (ABM) preferred