Job Opening: Senior Program Manager, Leadership Programming – Atlanta
Job Title: Senior Program Manager, Leadership Programming
Department: UNCF Institute for Capacity Building
Location: Atlanta, GA
The Senior Program Manager will play a key role in the work of UNCF’s Institute for Capacity Building. In this role, the Manager will be responsible for assisting in the development and the implementation of ICB’s efforts to establish, support, and engage various learning communities across the UNCF network of institutions. The Manager will play a critical role in the developing of interactive curriculum and programs that aim to develop both current and emerging leaders within the higher education sector with a special focus on Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU). The Manager will assist in building this exciting new service for our member institutions and the HBCU and Predominantly Black Institution (PBI) sector at-large.
We are seeking a strong leader to join our team that values collaboration and creativity. The Manager has experience with developing professional communities leveraging multiple approaches (e.g., virtual, cohort-based, networked, etc.).
The successful candidate will join a team seeking to partner with HBCUs and PBIs to ensure their sustainability by increase the institution’s effectiveness, competitiveness, and viability. This position will require an individual that is both collaborative and entrepreneurial. The individual selected for this position must possess a deep understanding of higher education, curriculum design, and professional development programming and Historically Black Colleges and Universities.
Responsibilities and Duties
Successful candidates will join the Institute for Capacity Building team, headquartered in Atlanta. In addition to specific roles and responsibilities, ICB team members have proven to be successful when they:
- Are driven to serve people and institutions that are often undervalued and overlooked;
- Embrace collaboration as a critical value to ensure effective teamwork and adoption of best practices;
- Seek out opportunities to innovate and improve upon conventional practices and procedures;
- Take personal responsibility for executing key projects and developing relationships; and
- Operate with a sense of mission and purpose.
- The Senior Program Manager reports to the Director, Strategy. S/he will have the following key responsibilities:
- Contribute to the design and manage the implementation of a comprehensive strategy that attracts participants and facilities engagement across institutions within the HBCU sector.
- Design interactive curriculum that addresses the integrated foci of the Institute for Capacity Building.
- Identify influencers across multiple focus areas.
- Develop and promote engagement across and within ICB learning communities.
- Partner with ICB Leadership to create a development/assessment tool to facilitate continuous improvement in program curriculum across.
- Work collaboratively with the Frederick D. Patterson Research Institute’s Learning and Evaluation team to develop assessment tools that will help to refine and enhance the ICB leadership curriculum and programs.
- Coach and/or manage the work of other team members as necessary
- A strong desire to grow professionally, horizontally, and/or vertically
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or finance is required; MBA strongly preferred
- At least five years of relevant work experience is required
- An outstanding record of academic and professional achievement
- Significant experiencing in the designing and implementing professional development programming
- Experience in using digital mediums and platforms to facilitate learning across multiple stakeholder groups
- Demonstrated experience of leadership development
- Strong ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to move deftly between big picture and details
- Comfort with concurrently managing multiple ongoing projects in different phases
- Thrives with detail and deadlines
- Strong cognitive and emotional management (CEM) skills
- Ability and high comfortability operating at the most detailed level
- Thrives with execution of deadlines
- Strong multi-tasker, and operates with high degree of flexibility to adapt to changing needs and direction
- Commitment to education