UNCF/Best Buy Scholars Program Now Open!
UNCF and partner Best Buy are pleased to announce the new UNCF/Best Buy Scholars Program, a multi-year partnership that seeks to:
- Reduce financial barriers to a college degree for low-income students with high academic and leadership promise who have significant financial need.
- Create a pipeline of college-educated minority professionals poised to assume fulfilling careers in the consumer electronics retail industry.
High school seniors planning to enroll at an historically black college or university (HBCU) can receive up to $20,000 (based on need) per year, renewable annually for four years of undergraduate studies.
In addition to money for college, this unique scholarship program will provide these additional benefits:
- College success coach
- Online learning community
- Early-career coaching
- Best Buy e-mentor
- Internship opportunities at Best Buy headquarters in Minneapolis, MN
- Opportunity to attend UNCF Student Leadership Conference
To qualify, students must:
- Be African American
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be enrolled full-time at an HBCU
- Maintain a minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Have financial need; preference will be given to students who are Pell Grant-eligible
- Display interest in one of the following majors: business, information technology, finance, data sciences, communications or marketing
Preference will be given to students who are active high school participants in a Best Buy Teen Tech Center, but others may apply.
Applications must be submitted to UNCF by April 30, 2020.