Applying for the UNCF Chevron Corporate Scholars Program: Frequently Asked Questions
The UNCF Chevron Corporate Scholars Program is a selective scholarship program that advances higher education for passionate and determined students. The UNCF Chevron Corporate Scholars Program will award a two-year renewable scholarship to highly capable future leaders who demonstrate academic achievement, strong leadership skills and an interest in the energy industry.
Who should I contact with questions about the UNCF Chevron Corporate Scholars Program?
A. Jamese Carrell, Relationship Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 202-810-0271.
Who is eligible for the UNCF Chevron Corporate Scholars Program?
A. To qualify for the Fall 2023 cohort, applicants:
- Must be a graduating high school senior planning to enroll in fall 2023 as a full-time, first-year student.
- Must be enrolled to attend a Historically Black College/University (HBCU) in fall 2023.
- Must be a citizen, legal permanent resident, or national of the United States.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.8 on an unweighted 4.0 scale.
- Must display interest in the following majors with the intention to declare: Engineering and Computer Science.
- Engineering (Including but not limited to: Chemical, Civil, Computer, Construction, Environmental, Industrial, Materials, Marine, Petroleum, Software)
- Computer Science (Including but not limited to: Cloud Engineering & Infrastructure, Cybersecurity, Data Engineering and Data Science & Analytics, Management of Information Systems)
- Other Majors of Interest:
- Geology, Geophysics, Petrophysics
- Public Affairs, Procurement/Supply Chain Management, Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Health & Safety, Computation & Applied Mathematics, Naval Architecture, and Mathematics / Statistics.
How do I check the status of my application?
A. Click here to log into your scholarship profile page and check your status.
For more information about Chevron visit: www.chevron.com. For other general questions, contact UNCF’s Relationship Manager, Jamese Carrell.