The Walt Disney Company / UNCF Enhanced Corporate Scholars Program
Disney Future Storytellers is The Walt Disney Company’s commitment to empowering the next generation of storytellers and innovators. Through social investments and programs that provide inspiration and hands-on experience, we’re increasing access to careers in media, entertainment, technology, and hospitality, and helping ensure that our storytelling reflects the lives and experiences of the many communities we serve.
Disney has supported UNCF scholars annually since 2015 and created The Walt Disney Company / UNCF Enhanced Corporate Scholars Program in 2021. Scholars receive an annual scholarship, a paid summer internship at Disney, mentorship opportunities, and assistance with securing possible full-time roles with Disney upon graduation.
Paid summer internship at TWDC (June – August)
- In person, includes housing and relocation assistance
- Remote, does not include housing or relocation
- Mentorship, resulting in multiple mentors at the end of the program
- Ongoing development programming, in conjunction with UNCF
- Early career placement assistance with Disney upon graduation (Upon successful program completion, students are eligible for early career placement with Disney after graduation)
- One-time $5,000 award, eligible for renewal during senior year
- Interest in off-camera careers in media and entertainment
- Various areas: Ad Sales/Media Distribution, Animation, Animal Science Environment, Disney Signature Experiences, Engineering, Finance, Journalism, HR, Marketing, Social Media Production, Technology, TV Production
- Students must be available for the full length of the summer internship
- Selected Scholars are required to attend the UNCF Student Leadership Conference