Job Opening: Events (Meeting) Manager – Washington, DC
The Events Manager will coordinate, develop, implement, lead and assist The Events Director with the day-to-day operations of events in the Office of the President. He/she will cultivate positive client service relationships with UNCF leaders, peers and staff. He/she will serve in the Scholarship’s and Programs Division Event’s Team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate event logistics, meeting and conference planning.
- Provide support to department managers/directors for ongoing leadership development initiatives.
- Serve as liaison to partners, vendors and serve on various planning committees.
- Lead with planning, coordination and execution of multiple events.
- Conduct market research, gather information and negotiate contracts prior to closing any details.
- Provide feedback and periodic reports to stakeholders.
- Assist with the preparation of internal and external reports.
- Manage internal data entry and oversee contacts database and provide reports as needed.
- Provide guidance and support as appropriate for various activities.
- Contribute to the logistical and operational success of two annual (2) leadership conferences.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree (Social Sciences, Education or related).
- Public relation skills desired.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required.
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Office, Word, Access, Excel, Power Point, and the internet.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
- Initiative – Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work is indoors. Travel required for job, must be able to lift 5 pounds. Some evenings and weekends required, may exceed 40 hours per week
Compensation and Benefits
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Vacation, Sick & Personal Leave
- Life Insurance (Basic & Optional)
- Flex Spending Accounts
- 403(b) Retirement Account
- Holiday Savings Plan
Salary Range: $58,700.00 – $64, 500.00
UNCF is EOE M/F/D/V
The United Negro College Fund (UNCF), the nation’s largest and most effective minority education organization, has been an engine of minority educational achievement for more than 75 years. UNCF’s mission is to build a robust and nationally recognized pipeline of black students who, because of UNCF support, become highly qualified college graduates. UNCF is committed to closing the educational attainment gap between African Americans and other populations by increasing postsecondary access and success for students from underrepresented groups, particularly low-income and first-generation students.