Job Opening: Program Coordinator – Washington, DC
The Program Coordinator performs a wide range of secretarial and clerical duties requiring a knowledge of office routine, an understanding of and sensitivity to procedures related to the department and has a knack for efficiency. The Program Coordinator is responsible for organizing, coordinating, supporting and processing designated departmental tasks. The Program Coordinator interacts with corporate donors, students, and departmental staff to carry out program goals. Under general supervision of the VP for National STEM Initiatives and the Director of Program Administration, the Administrative Coordinator position requires initiative, good judgment, the ability to provide support to the department and effective communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be responsible for ordering supplies, maintaining inventory, requesting equipment maintenance and repair, and other day-to-day operations.
- Manages and processes Concur reimbursements for the VP of National STEM Initiatives
- Develops and processes invoices and reimbursements for vendors of the UNCF National STEM Initiatives Team; Prepares invoices and expense reports for approval and payment.
- Updates and manages an accurate, neat, orderly, electronic filing system from which files can be easily retrieved by all staff; updates and records on an ongoing basis (including reimbursement information, student travel info, etc.)
- Receives, opens, dates, processes, and distributes incoming correspondence to department staff; coordinates outgoing mailing, receives, and processes responses as needed.
- Processes checks and updates the cash log and Raisers Edge accordingly.
- Creates mail merges for mass mailings, types, edits, proofreads and formats documents, spreadsheets, presentations, forms, reports, policies and procedures, and administrative material with a high degree of speed and accuracy.
- Manage the calendar for the VP of National STEM Initiatives; coordinates appointments and assists in managing schedules and conference calls.
- Arranges meetings, prepares agendas and/or other materials for team meetings; reserves and prepares facilities, and records and transcribes minutes of meetings as needed.
- Prepares e-mails, faxes, e-blasts, routine correspondence and periodic reports on the basis of general instructions.
- Tailors’ communication style to the listener; conducts self in a mature, respectful and pleasant manner, and acts in accordance with all organizational policies, and federal and state regulations.
- Maintains an appropriate, professional decorum when interacting with donors; displays tact and a positive, courteous demeanor.
- Arranges and confirms staff travel including accommodation, travel and car rentals.
- Supports and serves as a liaison to other offices/functions as necessary; is cross trained in other functions.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma required; college experience strongly desired and a minimum of 3-5 years of proven work experience performing a wide variety of administrative duties.
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and listening skills
- The ability to work under pressure, in a fast paced, deadline-oriented environment, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Must have experience with complex scheduling and calendar management.
- Must have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and complete them in a timely manner.
- Must display initiative and the ability to work well independently and demonstrate exceptional customer service skills.
- Must be a self-starter, cooperative, and work well in a group.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite, Office 365 preferred with intermediate to advanced knowledge in Word and Excel.
- Must be proficient in mail merges and correcting source or cell errors.
- Must be proficient in the manipulation of Excel formulas.
- Knowledge of Raisers Edge, Concur, Salesforce is strongly desired.
This is currently a remote, work from home position, however the employee must be based in the Washington DC metro area. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Compensation and Benefits
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Vacation, Sick & Personal Leave
- Life Insurance (Basic & Optional)
- Flex Spending Accounts
- 403(b) Retirement Account
- Holiday Savings Plan
Salary Range: $50,000.00 – $53,000 per year (Salary is commensurate with experience.)
UNCF is EOE M/F/D/V
The United Negro College Fund (UNCF), the nation’s largest and most effective minority education organization, has been an engine of minority educational achievement for more than 75 years. UNCF’s mission is to build a robust and nationally recognized pipeline of black students who, because of UNCF support, become highly qualified college graduates. UNCF is committed to closing the educational attainment gap between African Americans and other populations by increasing postsecondary access and success for students from underrepresented groups, particularly low-income and first-generation students.