Job Opening: Senior Data Analyst – Atlanta
The Data Analyst, Frederick D. Patterson Research Institute (Patterson), engages in data collection, analysis and reporting in support of research activities conducted or sanctioned by the UNCF Frederick D. Patterson Research Institute. The data analyst will utilize a multitude of methodological approaches to manage and execute a range of research activities in line with UNCF’s strategy, with a specific focus on quantitative analysis. The successful candidate will be part of a research team that works across departments to support various UNCF programs and increase the visibility of the work through research production. The position requires a highly motivated and collaborative individual, who has a significant research background and possesses strong organizational, analytic, and writing abilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports the Director of the Frederick D. Patterson Research Institute in capturing, mining, analyzing, and reporting on both qualitative and quantitative data.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research on issues related to Patterson research agenda with a focus on critical issues facing higher education and students of color in post-secondary education.
- Review and synthesize current literature when necessary.
- Engage in collecting, managing, analyzing and reporting findings for Patterson research projects.
- Lead the process for completing the biennial annual statistical report documenting trends at member institutions.
- Produce recurring reports related to UNCF, its member institutions, and its scholarship programs.
- Capture data from external data sources including NCES databases, using appropriate methodological tools for data capture.
- Use appropriate tools to create data visualizations to illustrate data patterns.
- Create dashboards to communicate analyses and findings.
- Triage data requests from other departments within UNCF and work collaboratively with the FDPRI team to answer those requests.
- Serve as a writer and project manager for data-specific research publications.
- Serve as a thought partner to leadership in study design and analytical support.
- This position may periodically supervise interns.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college, Master’s degree preferred.
- 2+ years of data analysis and/or institutional research experience preferred.
- Advanced proficiency with Excel required.
- Experience using R or Python for data analysis, or statistical software such as SPSS or SAS required.
- Experience with dashboard development tools such as PowerBI or Tableau is a plus.
- Ability to synthesize data and information from multiple sources including large data sets, develop insights and recommendations and convey complex information through the use of supporting tables, graphs and other visual representations required.
- Experience with large-scale higher education databases including IPEDS preferred.
- Experience taking the lead to independently initiate, plan and drive multiple projects preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to simplify complex concepts in writing, visualizations, and verbal presentations tailored for diverse groups of stakeholders preferred.
- Demonstrated ability and desire to quickly dig in and absorb institutional knowledge currently captured in disparate sources in order to serve as subject matter expert and go-to thought partner preferred.
- Ability to organize and manage information resources; extensive knowledge of research methodology, data analysis, and program evaluation using qualitative and quantitative techniques; ability to analyze and interpret research data; and ability to juggle/prioritize multiple tasks.
Compensation and Benefits
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Vacation, Sick & Personal Leave
- Life Insurance (Basic & Optional)
- Flex Spending Accounts
- 403(b) Retirement Account
- Holiday Savings Plan
Salary Range: $64,900.00 – $73,100.00 – Commensurrate with experience. This position will be located in Atlanta, GA.
UNCF is EOE M/F/D/V