Walton-UNCF K-12 Education Fellowship Selection Process and Timeline
The Walton-UNCF K-12 Education Fellowship Program is a leadership and talent development initiative aimed at building a robust pipeline of high-achieving African Americans engaged in education reform in America. Each year, UNCF accepts applications from hopeful students who wish to be selected as a Walton Fellow in the next cohort.
Here is the timeline for the process in 2020 after the application submission time ends:
- Round 1: Application submission is closed
- Round 2: Semi-finalists are be notified by February 7, 2020
- Semi-finalists complete a video interview: February 7 – February 23, 2020
- Semi-finalists must have their letters of recommendation no later than Feb. 15, 2020
- Round 3: Finalists will be notified by February 28, 2020
- Finalists participate in the Host/Fellow matching cycle during the weeks of March 1 – March 27, 2020. Please note: finalists will be matched with a host organization based on organizational fit and the applicant’s specific area(s) of interest in the education sector.
- The Host/Fellow matching cycle consists of :
- The Host Partner reviews the applicant video interview
- Host Partner and finalist have an introductory call
- The Host Partner approves finalist
- 2020 Cohort finalized
- Accepted Fellows will be notified by April 3, 2020
- The 2020 Summer Experience – May 26, 2020 – July 31, 2020