UNCF Los Angeles
“A mind is a terrible thing to waste, but a wonderful thing to invest in.”® Why not invest your time or money in better futures for young people in southern California, southern Nevada, Arizona, Hawaii and around the country?
UNCF Los Angeles is here to help you send a student to college and turn their life around.
Los Angeles: Don’t miss UNCF’s most fun event–the 2021 UNCF Virtual Walk for Education, Saturday, Sept. 18!
Visit UNCF.org/LosAngelesWalk for information and to register.
Is a student in your life looking for scholarships? Search over 10,000 scholarships at UNCF.org/scholarships.
Are you interested in sending students to college by creating an area scholarship of your own? Contact UNCF Los Angeles at 213.639.3800.
UNCF Makes a Difference in Your Area
See how your contributions help students in your area
- $25 helps a student pay for the expenses that add up quickly, such as tech and other school supplies
- $75 can help to cover those extra fees, like student life, lab fees and other matriculation fees
- $1,000 can help a student purchase books for a year
- $2,500 can help cover room and board for a semester
- $5,000 can help a student pay for a semester’s full tuition
United Negro College Fund Helps USC Student Achieve Higher-Education Dreams
Daniel Million has been able to pursue his dream of studying neuroscience at USC thanks to a timely scholarship offer from the United Negro College Fund. Danielle Gersh with CBS Los Angeles reports.
UNCF Los Angeles Leadership Council
Arnold Hackett, Xerox (retired)
Rhonda Bolton, Consultant
- A. Ronald Berryman, Berryman & Company
- James Colon,Toyota Motor Sales, USA (retired)
- Charles Franklin, American Honda Motor Co.
- Faye W. McClure, Urban Advantage
- Debbie Pattillo, DP Consultant
- Rev. Welton Pleasant, California State Baptist Convention, Christ Second Baptist Church
- Luther Williams, Los Angeles UNCF Inter-Alumni Council
- Rashaun Williams, Manhattan Venture Partners