“A mind is a terrible thing to waste, but a wonderful thing to invest in.”® Why not invest your time or money in better futures for young people in New Jersey and around the country?
UNCF Newark is here to help you send a student to college and turn his or her life around.
UNCF still needs your assistance, as we can only help 1 out of 10 students who apply for scholarships, due to insufficient available funding. Text UNCFNEW to 50555 to give $25, or click here to donate today and build better futures for African American students!
Want to volunteer for a formal event or a noontime luncheon with community leaders? If you've got the time and are interested in getting behind UNCF, we'd be very happy to hear from you. Is a child you know looking for the right college? Can you contribute to keeping student aid available and academic programs strong at UNCF-member colleges or universities? UNCF Newark will make the connection. Contact us today to learn how you can help.
Did You Know?
It’s worth noting that…
- 9 out of every 10 applications are denied due to lack of financial resources.
- A $5,000 scholarship dramatically increases UNCF recipients’ rate of retention and likelihood of graduation.
UNCF Newark 2017-18 Leadership Council
- Vaughn L. McKoy, Co-chair, 2010-current; Managing Director and Vice President; PSEG Long Island
- Joyce Dudley, Co-chair, 2010-current; President and Principal; Dudley Hamilton Associates
- Eugene Anderson, 2015-current; Sr. Dir. Industry Relations and External Affairs; SUEZ
- Jeffrey Bowen, 2016; Sales Team Lead; Ocean Spray Cranberries
- Rev. Kenneth Clayton, 2013-current; Pastor; St. Luke Baptist Church
- Lissa Jean Ferrell, Esq., 2014-current; LJF Consulting, LLC
- Peter Harvey, Esq., 2010-current; Partner; Patterson, Belknap, Webb & Tyler
- Tyretta Meadows 2015; Senior Manager; Lean Center of Excellence; TD Ameritrade
- Dr. Gemar Mills, 2016; Chief Education Officer, National; The Future Project
- Adrien Moncur, Esq. ,2013-current; State of New Jersey; Office of the Public Defender
- Greg Parris, 2015-current; Senior Vice President Finance; Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- William S. Parrish, 2013-current; President; Noble Strategy
- Edward A. Rademaker, JD,; 2015-current; Manager Global Contracts and Grants; Global Pharmaceutical Res & Dev. LLC (GPS), Janssen Research & Dev. LLC
- Dr. Niathan Allen; 2017
- Tammeisha Smith, 2012-Current; President and CEO; Dunbar Center Inc.
- L. Miyoshi West, 2015; Director, Global Payments Product Manager; Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Dwayne Redmond, 2013-Current; Global Wealth and Investment Management, Head of Field Marketing; Bank of America