HBCU K-12 Partnerships
Our K-12 education system has consistently failed to provide Black students across the country with the essential resources and opportunities necessary for academic and professional success. The COVID-19 pandemic has only exacerbated the issue, with Black students continuing to fall behind academically and socio-emotionally.
What we will do?
Our HBCU K-12 Partnerships work aims to strengthen and accelerate solid and long-lasting connections between HBCUs and K-12 by prioritizing community engagement and advocacy, teacher and leader pipeline development, high-quality school creation and expansion, dual enrollment, college and career-focused programs, and other innovative strategies and partnerships.
- HBCU K-12 Partnerships One-Pager
- UNCF K-12 Advocacy
- Imparting Wisdom: HBCU Lessons for K-12 Education (Full Report, One-Page Summary)
- Lift Every Voice and Lead Toolkit: A Community Leader’s Advocacy Resource for K-12 Education
- UNCF K-12 Education Fellowship
- A $10 million initiative with HBCUs will spur charter schools
- US has a teacher shortage. HBCUs are helping to change that
- Building a Legacy: HBCU Grads Driving Educational Excellence in Charter Schools
- Leaving Their Mark: HBCU Alumna Leading Charter Spaces
- Breaking Barriers, Building Futures: The Power of HBCU Men in Charter School Leadership
- Shifting the Narrative: The Future of Charter Schools, HBCU Innovations and Opportunities