Panda Cares First-Year Scholars
The Panda Cares First-Year Scholars Program is a one-time postsecondary scholarship and college success program for graduating high school seniors entering their first year of college.
A student must:
- Possess a demonstrated financial need as verified by the student’s college or university.
- Possess a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Plan to be enrolled as a full-time freshman in fall 2022, attending a U.S.-located, four-year, accredited college or university.
- Be a citizen, national or legal permanent resident of the U.S.
Applicants must submit these items in order to have a completed application considered:
- A letter of recommendation;
- A personal statement to demonstrating their grit in their pursuit of a college education;
- A copy of their financial aid award letter from the college they are attending;
- A full copy of their most recent FAFSA student aid report;
- Final high school transcript with graduation date;
- A statement describing their extracurricular activities, honors and awards, and community service
For questions regarding the scholarship program, please email PandaCaresFirstYear@uncf.org.
The application is now closed for 2022