UNCF Chevron Corporate Scholars Program: Application Overview
The UNCF Chevron Corporate Scholars Program is a selective scholarship program that advances higher education for passionate and determined students. The UNCF Chevron Corporate Scholars Program will award a two-year renewable scholarship to highly capable future leaders who demonstrate academic achievement, strong leadership skills and an interest in the energy industry.
The program application has closed for this year’s cohort. This is program is for graduating high school seniors who have been accepted to an accredited four-year college or university and will begin college in fall as a college freshman.
Students accepted to this program, will participate in a comprehensive career development and readiness curriculum and will be consider for internship opportunities with Chevron the summer following both their freshmen and sophomore years of college.
To qualify, applicants must:
- Be a graduating high school senior planning to enroll in fall 2021 as a full-time, first-year student at an accredited U.S. located four-year college or university.
- Be planning to attend college in or have a permanent address in the following locations: Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, and California.
- Be a citizen, legal permanent resident, or national of the United States*
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 on an unweighted 4.0 scale.
- Display interest in the following majors with the intention to declare: Engineering and Computer Science, Engineering (Petroleum, Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical, or Software) Computer Science (including but not limited to: Cloud Engineering and Infrastructure, Cybersecurity Engineering, Data Engineering and Date Science and Analytics)
- Submit a resume displaying, leadership, volunteer opportunities, extracurricular activities and any additional activities/projects groups or clubs related to their interest in the intended majors outlined above.
- Submit an essay that demonstrates the following: Interest in the major areas listed above, leadership experience, and interest in the company and/or industry.
- Have demonstrated financial and unmet need as measured by the student’s college or university.