UNCF Chevron Corporate Scholars Program: Application Overview
The UNCF Chevron Corporate Scholars Program is a selective scholarship program that advances higher education for passionate and determined students. The UNCF Chevron Corporate Scholars Program will award a two-year renewable scholarship for up to $15,000 (up to $7,500 freshmen year, up to $7,500 sophomore year) to highly capable future leaders who demonstrate academic achievement, strong leadership skills and an interest in the energy industry.
This is program is for graduating high school seniors who have been accepted to an accredited four-year Historically Black College/University (HBCU) and will begin college in fall as a college freshman.
Students accepted to this program, will participate in a comprehensive career development and readiness curriculum and will be consider for internship opportunities with Chevron the summer following both their freshmen and sophomore years of college.
To qualify, applicants must:
- Must be a graduating high school senior planning to enroll in fall 2023 as a full-time, first-year student.
- Must be enrolled to attend a Historically Black College/University (HBCU) in fall 2023.
- Must be a citizen, legal permanent resident, or national of the United States
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.8 on an unweighted 4.0 scale.
- Must display interest in the following majors with the intention to declare: Engineering and Computer Science.
- Engineering (Including but not limited to: Chemical, Civil, Computer, Construction, Environmental, Industrial, Materials, Marine, Petroleum, Software)
- Computer Science (Including but not limited to: Cloud Engineering & Infrastructure, Cybersecurity, Data Engineering and Data Science & Analytics, Management of Information Systems)
- Other Majors of Interest:
- Geology, Geophysics, Petrophysics
- Public Affairs, Procurement/Supply Chain Management, Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Health & Safety, Computation & Applied Mathematics, Naval Architecture, and Mathematics / Statistics.
- Must submit a resume displaying, leadership, volunteer opportunities, extracurricular activities and any additional activities/projects, groups, or clubs demonstrating an interest in the majors outlined in the application
- Please include your accomplishments/experiences in the STEM field when completing the online application
- Must submit a personal statement