Job Opening: Program Coordinator – Washington, DC
The Program Coordinator will assist the Director in the implementation of a successful student experience within the Student Professional Development Program portfolio under the Director’s oversight.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Program Director, the Program Coordinator will:
- Provide dedicated administrative and clerical support to the Program Director in all aspects of program management and implementation for various multidisciplinary internship and scholarship programs.
- Manage the program related logistics and activities including but not limited to applicant outreach and recruitment; application development, processing and reporting; scholar selection; and scholar support services.
- Lead the coordination of travel and meeting logistics (in-person and virtual) with support from the Program Director and meetings team.
- Process payments for expenditures and manage orders for supplies and other resources for programs and the team.
- Respond to scholar inquiries to resolve program related questions or issues by phone, letter, or email.
- Support scholarship, stipend, or scholar reimbursement processing and troubleshoot challenges as needed with guidance from the Director or other relevant leadership staff by phone, letter, or email.
- Develop print and web-based materials including newsletters, program related correspondences, and online community engagement.
- Support the development and maintenance of program information such as data input and management, outcomes and contacts databases.
- Schedule meetings and other engagements as well as coordinate necessary materials with direction from program leaders.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Requires at least 3-4 years administrative or educational experience.
- High School Diploma, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- ability to read, analyze, and interpret general periodicals and procedures.
- Ability to develop and write reports, business correspondence.
- Ability to respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to develop Power Point presentations or procedural guidelines a plus.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, and percentages.
- Skills in using software applications such as Microsoft Forms, Survey Monkey or Microsoft Excel for data analysis and budgeting a PLUS.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but written or oral instructions.
- Desire to be solution oriented with the ability to apply critical thinking skills to identify, troubleshoot and resolve problems required.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and use of social media platforms.
- Willingness to embrace ambiguity and work within established guidelines to resolve unique challenges.
- Ability to be effective at multi-tasking while taking initiative to work with minimal supervision a plus.