Job Opening: Program Coordinator – Washington, DC
The Program Coordinator is responsible for organizing, coordinating, and processing designated corporate scholarship activities that are administered by the designated department. The Program Coordinator interacts with corporate donors, students, and departmental staff to carry out program processes, organize and disseminate scholarship data, and maintain databases.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the maintenance of key/critical corporate relationships to implement and monitor effective programs, which meet the needs of donors.
- Recommend and prepare updates to website content and online applications. Coordinate updates with UNCF professional IT staff. Monitor site for routine updates. Filter calls and email as the frontline staff member for program’s constituents.
- Develop and manage scholars’ sponsorship program databases to support the planning, coordination, awarding, and administration/processing and follow-up of scholarship funds.
- Coordinate the planning and development of corporate scholars, mentoring relationships, and summer internship programs with the College Success Coach Team.
- Develop and coordinate reporting tools for use with corporate donors to meet periodic client needs.
- Coordinate computer matches for programs administered and provides assistance for all matches provided by other managers.
- Assist with the development of periodic surveys of scholarship recipients to determine effectiveness of program.
- Assist with the development of manuals, procedures and guidelines for program administration
- Provide assistance to Program Managers when needed.
- May supervise one or more professional and/or administrative level staff.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from an accredited four (4) year college or equivalent work experience or appropriate combination of education and work experience.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Strong organizational and written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft O365 Apps, Products, and Services including Excel and PowerPoint (Power desired).
Compensation and Benefits
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Vacation, Sick & Personal Leave
- Life Insurance (Basic & Optional)
- Flex Spending Accounts
- 403(b) Retirement Account
- Holiday Savings Plan
UNCF is EOE M/F/D/V
The United Negro College Fund (UNCF), the nation’s largest and most effective minority education organization, has been an engine of minority educational achievement for more than 70 years. UNCF’s mission is to build a robust and nationally recognized pipeline of black students who, because of UNCF support, become highly qualified college graduates. UNCF is committed to closing the educational attainment gap between African Americans and other populations by increasing postsecondary access and success for students from underrepresented groups, particularly low-income and first-generation students.