Job Opening: Regional Development Director – Los Angeles, CA
Reporting to the Regional Vice President, the Regional Development Director is responsible for conducting comprehensive, cost-effective annual and capital fund-raising campaigns within the Southern California territory of operation to support the 37 United Negro College Fund (UNCF) institutions and serves as an ambassador for the UNCF.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement, and manage a strategic plan for fundraising activities including individual giving, workplace giving campaigns, grant applications, as well as special events and communications that build relationships with a growing constituency base;
- Serve as the lead fundraising officer in the Los Angeles Office and manage all strategic activities for donor cultivation, gift requests, and UNCF donor relations;
- Manage and oversee office staff (Area Development Director and Development Director) as well as office consultants to ensure compliance with UNCF policies, procedures, rules, and regulations;
- Work with Major Gift Officer to identify, cultivate, and request gifts from high-net-worth individuals within the market;
- Support fundraising efforts in the San Francisco office to continue to grow the market;
- Establish and maintain contact with local corporations, government offices, charitable foundations, community organizations, churches, and civic leaders to secure community support and to recruit robust group of volunteer leaders;
- Manage, support, and empower Executive Campaign Advisory Board members;
- Develop and prepare collateral to support local fundraising efforts;
- Coordinate staff activities related to record management in Raiser’s EdgeNXT; and
- Conduct performance appraisals and recommend employment, termination, promotion, and training of Office staff.
Supervises Area Development Director(s) and other professional and/or administrative level staff.
Qualifications and Skills
- A Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university.
- At least 10 years of experience in charitable fundraising. The position is heavily oriented toward special events fundraising.
- Experience in building and managing a portfolio of individual, corporate, and foundation prospects.
- Proven track record of soliciting and closing individual, corporate, and foundation gifts and grants.
- Familiarity with planning for and coordinating events and/or communications programs focused on donor engagement.
- Experience managing and executing major fundraising events (galas, walkathons, luncheons, etc.,)
- Experience managing, motivating, and mentoring staff.
- Ability to recruit, manage, and empower a committed Executive Campaign Advisory Board comprised of senior executives to support fundraising objectives.
- Possess a strong grasp of, and commitment to, best practices in all areas of development.
- Strong personal work ethic and commitment to the highest standards of professionalism and fundraising best practices.
- Excellent organizational and written/verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Office 365.
- Familiarization with fundraising database and software.
$137,000 – $153,000.00 commensurate with fundraising experience