“A mind is a terrible thing to waste, but a wonderful thing to invest in.”® Why not invest your time or money in better futures for young people in Virginia and around the country?
UNCF Richmond is here to help you send a student to college and turn his or her life around. UNCF Richmond focuses on promoting the mission of the UNCF, its donors and friends—its constituent base.
UNCF is here to help…
Virginia Union University, a UNCF-member institution, is located in the UNCF Richmond area.
A Wonderful Thing To Invest In: Meet Your Dividends
Actor Blair Underwood, a friend and supporter of UNCF Virginia
Richmond-Supported HBCUs Punch Above their Weight
The UNCF research report HBCUs Punching Above Their Weight makes a strong case for a powerful proposition: Given their small average size and a history of being under-resourced, the enrollment, degree and economic impacts of HBCUs on African Americans in their respective states are significantly greater than one would expect. >> Read More at UNCF.org/PATW.
It is our responsibility to open doors for others in our communities. Thank you, UNCF, for being a beacon of light to our young men and women who seek to attain and build upon their educational excellence.
Mark Johnson Vice President, Community Development Manager, SunTrust Bank, now Truist
Related News and Events
A message from the 2019 Keeper of the Flame Award Recipient, Dr. Billy K. Cannaday
UNCF Virginia Leadership Council:
- Antonio Bailey, WPS Health Solutions
- Tonya Byrd, Dominion Energy
- Ralph Dickerson, Virginia Union University
- Frank Hinckle, Dominion Energy
- Linda Hines, Virginia Premier
- Mark A. Johnson, Truist Bank
- Maxine McNair, GEICO
- Sharon Patrick, Enterprise Holding Group
- Cynthia Polk, The Danville Chapter of The Links, Inc.
- Toiya Sosa, Riverside Health Systems
- Lisa Speller, Colonial Downs
- Cecelia Tucker, Old Dominion University
- Tonya Walley, Cox Communications
UNCF Donor Roll
Thanks to our generous supporters, who help us help Virginia students.
UNCF Richmond Staff