“A mind is a terrible thing to waste, but a wonderful thing to invest in.”® Why not invest your time or money in better futures for young people in southern Virginia and around the country?
UNCF Richmond is here to help you send a student to college and turn his or her life around. UNCF Richmond focuses on promoting the mission of the UNCF, its donors and friends—its constituent base.
Attention Hampton Roads area supporters! Don’t miss the UNCF Virtual Mayors’ Masked Ball, March 20, 2021. Visit UNCF.org/HamptonRoadsMMB for details and tickets.
Actor Blair Underwood, a friend and supporter of UNCF Virginia
Richmond-Supported HBCUs Punch Above their Weight
The UNCF research report HBCUs Punching Above Their Weight makes a strong case for a powerful proposition: Given their small average size and a history of being under-resourced, the enrollment, degree and economic impacts of HBCUs on African Americans in their respective states are significantly greater than one would expect. >> Read More at UNCF.org/PATW.
It is our responsibility to open doors for others in our communities. Thank you, UNCF, for being a beacon of light to our young men and women who seek to attain and build upon their educational excellence.
Mark Johnson Vice President, Community Development Manager, SunTrust Bank, now Truist
This is Your Dividend
Related News and Events
Scenes from the 2020 Hampton Roads Mayors Masked Ball
On behalf of the 2020 Hampton Roads UNCF Mayors’ Masked Ball Advisory and Planning Committee, UNCF Richmond thank you:
- Honorary Co-Chairs Tonya D. Byrd and Jim Bibbs
- Angelia Smoak-Allen
- Joan Brock
- Michael Berlucchi
- Dr. Ernestine Duncan
- ReNee’ S. Dunman
- Franklin Fitzgerald
- Elise Hillman
- Kimberly Jenkins
- Cole Johnson
- Mark Johnson
- Gaylene Kanoyton
- Letitia E. Langaster
- Tiffany Marchman
- Maxine McNair
- Toiya Sosa
- Cecelia Tucker
- Robin Byrd, UNCF
- Dianna Ruffin, UNCF
A message from the 2019 Keeper of the Flame Award Recipient, Dr. Billy K. Cannaday
UNCF Richmond’s Southern Virginia Leadership Council:
- James S. “Jim” Bibbs, LifeNet Health
- Joan Brock, Community Advisor
- Tonya Byrd, Dominion Energy
- Kimberly Conley, Chesterfield County Administration
- Ralph Dickerson, Virginia Union University
- Dr. Ernestine Duncan, Norfolk State University
- Olivier Faye, City of Richmond
- Jeanita Harris, The Jefferson Hotel
- Frank Hinckle, Dominion Energy
- Mark A. Johnson, Truist Bank
- William Johnson, City Manager, Emporia
- Cynthia Polk, The Danville Chapter of The Links, Inc.
- Reggie Roland, Global Achievement Partnership
- Toiya Sosa, GEICO
UNCF Donor Roll
Thanks to our generous supporters, who help us help Virginia students.
UNCF Richmond Staff