Offering 31 majors, and many more avenues of study through partner institutions in the Atlanta University Center, the 20 Atlanta Regional Council for Higher Education, and national and international partnerships, Spelman is poised to help students pursue dreams of a higher education and a stellar future. They offer strong academic programs in the arts, humanities, social sciences, mathematics and the sciences.
Their exceptional faculty and staff will be by your side every step of the way.
Outstanding alumnae include Children’s Defense Fund Founder Marian Wright Edelman; Sam’s Club CEO Rosalind Brewer, Broadway producer Alia Jones, former Acting Surgeon General and Spelman’s first alumna President Audrey Forbes Manley; Harvard University Professor Evelynn Hammonds, author Pearl Cleage and actress LaTanya Richardson Jackson.
- Spelman is ranked 101 out of 1,054 colleges in the Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Ed 2018 College Rankings.
- Spelman moved up 11 spaces to No. 61 in the U.S. News and World Report Best College’s National Liberal Arts Colleges 2017 rankings. The College is also in the top 50 High School Counselor Rankings and the top 100 Best Value Colleges.
- Spelman College is among the top 10 schools that produce African American women founders of technology companies, according to the Project Diane report on the state of African American women in tech entrepreneurship in the United States.
- Spelman is one of just two colleges in Georgia – and among only three historically black colleges nationwide – named a 2015 First in the World (FITW) grant recipient by the U.S. Department of Education. Spelman will use the $2.7 million grant to incorporate new teaching and learning strategies into its curriculum focused on metacognitive learning, a system defined as “thinking about thinking.”
- Read more facts about Spelman College.