“A mind is a terrible thing to waste, but a wonderful thing to invest in.”® Why not invest your time or money in better futures for young people in New Jersey and around the country?
UNCF Newark is here to help you send a student to college and turn his or her life around.
Our HBCUs and our students are reeling from the effects of the COVID outbreak
Did You Know?
- 9 out of every 10 applications are denied due to lack of financial resources.
- A $5,000 scholarship dramatically increases UNCF recipients’ rate of retention and likelihood of graduation.
- Your donation helps area students achieve their goals.
New York Rag Celebrates UNCF Newark’s Masked Ball
The United Negro College Fund (UNCF), held their annual Masked Ball on Friday, June 7th at the Cedar Hill Golf & Country Club in Livingston, New Jersey. It was an evening of dignitaries, former NFL players, and philanthropist supporters who came together to celebrate the 75th Anniversary of the UNCF. >> Read More
New Jersey Masked Ball/75th Anniversary Featured in Diversity In Action Magazine
Investors Foundation Makes Donation to UNCF NJ Area Office
The organization made the first part of its Leadership Sponsorship of $25,000 in support of Masked Ball Honoree Kevin Cummings, CEO of Investors Bank. Investors Foundation presents ADD, UNCF Newark’s Area Development Director Ngozi Emenyeonu accepted the $15,000 check in support of the 7th Annual Masked Ball, which was held June 7.
Scenes from the annual Princeton Committee Scholarship Luncheon, held March 9.
Established 18 years ago, the Princeton Committee of UNCF is an all-volunteer committee that raises funds to provide assistance to deserving bright and talented young men and women from the Mercer, Somerset and Middlesex Counties to ensure their access to higher education that otherwise might not be available or limited due to financial constraints. Since the committee began presenting scholarships in 2005, it has granted over $400,000 in scholarships to 21 students. Proceeds from this event provide scholarships for qualifying students from Mercer, Somerset and Middlesex counties.
UNCF Newark 2017-18 Leadership Council
- Vaughn L. McKoy, co-chair, 2010-current; managing director and vice president, PSEG Long Island
- Joyce Dudley, co-chair, 2010-current; president and principal, Dudley Hamilton Associates
- Eugene Anderson, 2015-current; senior director for industry relations and external affairs, SUEZ
- Rev. Kenneth Clayton, 2013-current; pastor, St. Luke Baptist Church
- Lissa Jean Ferrell, Esq., 2014-current; LJF Consulting, LLC
- Tyretta Meadows, 2015-current; senior manager for the Lean Center of Excellence, TD Ameritrade
- Greg Parris, 2015-current; senior vice president of finance, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- William S. Parrish, 2013-current; president, Noble Strategy
- Edward A. Rademaker, JD, 2015-current; manager of global contracts and grants, Global Pharmaceutical Research and Development, LLC (GPS), Janssen Research and Development, LLC
- Dr. Niathan Allen, 2017-current
- Tammeisha Smith, 2012-current; president and CEO, Dunbar Center, Inc.
- L. Miyoshi West, 2015; director of global payments product manager, Bank of America Merrill Lynch