“A mind is a terrible thing to waste, but a wonderful thing to invest in.”® Why not invest your time or money in better futures for young people in New Jersey and around the country?
UNCF Newark is here to help you send a student to college and turn his or her life around
Did You Know?
- 9 out of every 10 applications are denied due to lack of financial resources.
- A $5,000 scholarship dramatically increases UNCF recipients’ rate of retention and likelihood of graduation.
- Your donation helps area students achieve their goals.
BD Supports UNCF through its 21 Racial Equity and Social Justice Challenge
To celebrate the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service and Black History Month, the African Americans at BD associate resource group invited BD associates to “opt in” to receive daily content to expand their awareness and understanding of racial equity and social justice issues.
Nearly 6,000 BD associates opted in to participate. They reviewed nearly 50 pieces of content – educational videos, podcasts, news articles and expert commentary, covering contents including racial disparities in criminal justice, healthcare; education and opportunities to participate in civic engagement; over 21 days. For every associate who joined in, BD donated $10 to a non-profit organization committed to racial equity or social justice.
In honor of BD associates’ participation in this initiative, BD donated $60,000 and UNCF NJ is one of the four organizations selected to receive a donation.
New York Rag Celebrates UNCF Newark’s Masked Ball
The United Negro College Fund (UNCF), held their annual Masked Ball on Friday, June 7th at the Cedar Hill Golf & Country Club in Livingston, New Jersey. It was an evening of dignitaries, former NFL players, and philanthropist supporters who came together to celebrate the 75th Anniversary of the UNCF. >> Read More
New Jersey Masked Ball/75th Anniversary Featured in Diversity In Action Magazine
UNCF Newark 2017-18 Leadership Council
- Vaughn L. McKoy, co-chair, 2010-current; managing director and vice president, PSEG Long Island
- Joyce Dudley, co-chair, 2010-current; president and principal, Dudley Hamilton Associates
- Eugene Anderson, 2015-current; senior director for industry relations and external affairs, SUEZ
- Rev. Kenneth Clayton, 2013-current; pastor, St. Luke Baptist Church
- Lissa Jean Ferrell, Esq., 2014-current; LJF Consulting, LLC
- Tyretta Meadows, 2015-current; senior manager for the Lean Center of Excellence, TD Ameritrade
- Tammeisha Smith, 2012-current; president and CEO, Dunbar Center, Inc.
- Dr. Avery Ince, 2020; US Scientific & Medical Affairs Strategy Lead, Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Recia Howard, 2020; Director, Programs for Parents
- Dele Oladapo, 2020; CIO Corporate Functions, Prudential Financial, Global Technology
- Eric Kahn, 2019-current; Managing Shareholder, Javerbaum Wurgaft Hicks Kahn Wikstrom & Sinins