“A mind is a terrible thing to waste, but a wonderful thing to invest in.”® Why not invest your time or money in better futures for young people in New Jersey and around the country?
UNCF Newark is here to help you send a student to college and turn his or her life around.
UNCF NJ Receives Enterprise Holdings Road Forward Grant
UNCF NJ received a $57,500 donation from the Enterprise Holdings Foundation to support educational equity through Social Justice scholarships for students in its service areas of NJ, NY, Vermont, and Connecticut. The donation will enable UNCF to provide scholarship opportunities to students attending UNCF member HBCUs or other HBCUs.
This donation is part of Enterprise Holdings Foundation’s inaugural local ROAD Forward grants (Respect, Opportunity, Advancement and Diversity). Established in November 2020, the ROAD Forward commitment will donate $55 million over five years to organizations that advance social and racial equity in the communities where it operates.
In presenting the donation, Marc Edelman, Regional Vice President said, “We are proud to support UNCF in its commitment to ensure educational equity for underserved students of color. Advancing diversity, equity and inclusion is a company-wide priority for Enterprise, and we’re committed to strengthening our community with the help of outstanding organizations like UNCF.”
Did You Know?
- 9 out of every 10 applications are denied due to lack of financial resources.
- A $5,000 scholarship dramatically increases UNCF recipients’ rate of retention and likelihood of graduation.
- Your donation helps area students achieve their goals.
UNCF Newark 2020-21 Leadership Council
- Sara Baxter-Orr, 2021; SVP & Global Head, CFO Practice, Anaplan
- Regine Clarke-Rodriguez, 2020- current; Vice President, Sr. Philanthropic Officer, BPG NJ Tri-Chair
- Rev. Kenneth Clayton, 2013-current; Pastor, St. Luke Baptist Church
- Joyce Dudley, 2010-current; President and Principal, Dudley Hamilton Associates
- Lissa Jean Ferrell, Esq., 2014-current, Chair; LJF Consulting, LLC
- Recia Howard, 2020-current; Director, Programs for Parents
- Dr. Avery Ince, 2020-current; US Scientific & Medical Affairs Strategy Lead, Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Eric Kahn, Esq., 2019-current; Managing Shareholder, Javerbaum Wurgaft Hicks Kahn Wikstrom & Sinins
- Vaughn L. McKoy, JD, MBA., 2010-current; Attorney, Inglesino, Webster, Wyciskala & Taylor
- Tyretta Meadows, 2015-current; Senior Manager for the Lean Center of Excellence, TD Ameritrade
- Dele Oladapo, 2020-current; Vice President and Chief Information Officer for the Corporate Functions Technology, Prudential Financial, Inc.
- Tammeisha Smith, 2012-current; President and CEO, Dunbar Center, Inc.
- Everton Scott, 2020-current; Senior Public Affairs Manager, PSEG