Job Opening: Data Manager, Enterprise Technology – Washington, DC
The Data Manager is responsible for helping UNCF manage data in UNCF systems, such as Salesforce, ActiveCampaign, Schoology, Blackbaud, etc., collecting, maintaining, and analyzing data – working with staff across department to ensure staff are following UNCF’s data management plans and procedures. This individual will also ensure that staff adhere to the global processes defined for creation, changes to, maintaining, and retiring master data, including data ownership, data management processes, data standards, and optimization for efficiency and accuracy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Interface with UNCF staff across departments to enforce UNCF’s data policies, business processes, and continuous improvement of master data creation and maintenance are strictly adhered to, ensuring that the working practices align with the global operating model and standard operating procedure when working with Salesforce, Schoology, Active Campaign, Blackbaud, O365 Power BI, etc.
- Execute and administer data management needs, including duplicate data management, data export and import data between systems, and utilize system integration, when possible, to manage data.
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures for data handling and archiving for Master Data Management processes, governance, controls, data migration & integration, data maintenance, data quality assurance & controls, and archiving.
- Create, implement, and analyze reports and dashboards to help staff understand and validate the data to drive strategic planning for path forward in various systems including but not limited to Salesforce, Active Campaign, Schoology, Blackbaud, etc.
- Collaborate with teams to identify and act on opportunities for consistent process improvement.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical/business discipline, Master’s Degree in data science/data modeling highly preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in data management or a related field.
- Able to collaborate across departments and interact with various levels in the organization.
- Able to work under time pressure while maintaining high standards of precision and data quality.
- Is a self-starter, with the ability to take an ambiguous analytical question and transform it into structured, data-driven analysis.
- Knowledge of how data is structured and an understanding of data governance best practices and methods.
- Experience with Google Analytics or other similar web analytics tools.
- Experience solving business problems through use of data.
Compensation and Benefits
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Vacation, Sick & Personal Leave
- Life Insurance (Basic & Optional)
- Flex Spending Accounts
- 403(b) Retirement Account
- Holiday Savings Plan
Salary: $90,000.00 – $110,000.00
Salary is commensurate with experience, and for the Headquarters location in Washington DC. Salary will vary and may be lower in other geographical areas.
UNCF is EOE M/F/D/V
The United Negro College Fund (UNCF), the nation’s largest and most effective minority education organization, has been an engine of minority educational achievement for more than 70 years. UNCF’s mission is to build a robust and nationally recognized pipeline of black students who, because of UNCF support, become highly qualified college graduates. UNCF is committed to closing the educational attainment gap between African Americans and other populations by increasing postsecondary access and success for students from underrepresented groups, particularly low-income and first-generation students.