Job Opening: Gift Officer, Capital Campaign – Multiple Locations
We’re looking to fill positions in:
- Atlanta, GA, US
- Charlotte, NC, US
- Chicago, IL, US
- Headquarters, Washington, DC, US
- Houston, TX, US
- Los Angeles, CA, US
- New Orleans, LA, US
- New York, NY, US
Propels major giving to UNCF’s unprecedented campaign to lessen the HBCU endowment gap and elevate opportunities for students of color across the United States. This person will help manage high-level donors and prospects, collaborating with other Campaign Gift Officers, the UNCF Development Major Gifts team, and Area Office Directors to execute comprehensive gift requests. The Campaign Gift officer may be assigned in specialized areas of fundraising (i.e., planned gifts, HBCU Alumni, corporations, foundations, and/or regional areas).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributes to securing $1B+ to UNCF’s campaign by developing donor and prospect strategy and inspiring philanthropy among major donors.
- Engages in all aspects of the donor development cycle including donor identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, acknowledgment, stewardship, and reporting.
- Manages a robust pipeline of donors and prospects within their area of expertise.
- Identifies financial prospects and conducts prospect research on current donors and potential donors.
- Writes proposals and participates in proposal reviews.
- Secures major gifts from donors and cultivates relationships with new, current, and past donors.
- Assists in fulfilling commitments from and reporting to donors.
- Participates in gift requests with the VP, SIIF; SVP, Principal Gifts; and President & CEO, when appropriate.
- Maintains a robust pipeline of donors and prospects within their area of expertise.
- Maintains ongoing and accurate records of donor and prospect interactions in Raiser’s Edge NXT.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 5 years of field experience in development and major gifts fundraising.
- Goal-oriented and passionate about education equity.
- Skills in fostering interagency collaboration.
- Ability to work with diverse racial and ethnic constituencies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and complete them in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of moves management, endowment fundraising and philanthropic reporting.
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently.
- Process management, training, design, and implementation skills.
- High energy, strong sense of initiative, creative problem solving and flexibility.
- Knowledge of O365 with intermediate to advanced knowledge in Word and Excel.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge NXT or other CRM preferred. Experience participating and hosting video conferencing platforms.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Remote and hybrid working environment, with a central office in Washington, DC.
Compensation and Benefits
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Vacation, Sick & Personal Leave
- Life Insurance (Basic & Optional)
- Flex Spending Accounts
- 403(b) Retirement Account
- Holiday Savings Plan
The United Negro College Fund (UNCF), the nation’s largest and most effective minority education organization, has been an engine of minority educational achievement for more than 75 years. UNCF’s mission is to build a robust and nationally recognized pipeline of black students who, because of UNCF support, become highly qualified college graduates. UNCF is committed to closing the educational attainment gap between African Americans and other populations by increasing postsecondary access and success for students from underrepresented groups, particularly low-income and first-generation students.